Welcome to my reading chair!
It's not very new. In some ways, it's halfway to being a bean bag. But it's comfortable to me. Maybe a bit too comfortable, as I sometimes fall asleep.
I'm proud of my small collection of throw pillows. They are interesting reflections on my personality.
First up, we have Marvin the Martian. I love Looney Tunes, and Marvin is my favorite character. I love mimicking his voice.
"This makes me very angry. Very angry indeed."
"Oh goodie! My Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator."
"Don't worry folks! After all, it's only a cartoon."
It hearkens back to fourth grade when my overactive imagination led me to fantasize that I was a Martian. Eventually, fellow fourth-graders started mocking me, calling me "Martian".
Next up is a pillow with bookcases. I like that part. Reading books is my middle name (along with Martian).
The flowers? Eh, not so much. Whatever gene that makes one excited about flowers and plants is completely missing in me,
And what would a T. M. Strait reading chair be without politics?
I have not been shy about my endorsement of AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez).
I endorsed her just days after Kamala Harris's defeat.
And every day since has convinced me of her competence, capabilities, and her desire to help all Americans, especially the working class.
And, of course, what collection of T. M. Strait pillows would be complete without a comic book-themed pillow?
This pillow features some of DC's iconic, extraordinary female heroines: Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl.
And yes, Supergirl was a great movie. I'm sorry so many of you missed it. Maybe sometime in the future, it will be recognized for the classic it is.
The movie Superman involved fighting an evil billionaire and stopping a foreign dictator veering into genocide.
The movie Supergirl involved stopping a trafficker of young girls.
Oh. I guess that's why the MAGA bros don't like them.
We live in dark times.
But also bright pillows,
Thanx and a hat's tip to our beautiful young kitten, Gemma, for playing Vanna White for this post!
Until next time,
Thomas Marty Martian Strait
AOC '28





No comments:
Post a Comment