Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Tuesday Twitter Questions 060623

 Special Twiter Questions for those who go directly to my blog - no re-postings on social media!

Don't you feel lucky?

I answer the first five blog-friendly questions asked on my feed.


Question #1

Do you like escargot?

Uhh...snails? Never had it. Probably never will. It might taste fine, but it sure don't sound fine.

Question #2

good morning from Florida where are you??

Well, not Florida...THANK GOD. Georgia is not perfect. I live in a particularly virulent reich-wing pocket, but still not as bad as Florida. Governor DeSantis has turned the state into an intolerant fascistic hellhole.

Question #3

Today I'm thankful for lemonade. What are you thankful for?

I'm most thankful that I have Alison in my life. Then my boys and Paige and my Granddaughter. Having good, loving people in your life - I couldn't imagine things without that.

Question #4

What would Europe look like if WW1 never happened?

Wow! Now that's an interesting question that requires much more thought than I can give it right now.

Would the simmering conflicts in Europe stay near a boiling point, or would a more stabilizing outcome be achieved? Hard to say, but I do know how WW1 was fought and the issues hanging over from that led to WW2.

Alternate History is one of my favorite genres. Currently, I'm reading Joe Steele by Harry Turtledove. It's based on the what-if idea of a Joe Stalin-like figure rising to power in the US in the 1930s. I'm only about 100 pages in, but I'm loving it!

Question #5

Have you been alone and felt something sit next to you?

Alison, don't read this one.

Sit next to me? Not that I recall. But I have felt a presence nearby sometimes. You know, like seeing someone out of the corner of your eye.

I have seen or felt something while in bed. Something slapped my foot hanging out of the bed at a bed and breakfast.

The cat sees things that are not there all the time. I wonder if a cat's range of vision is different than ours and can see things, other dimensions or whatnot, that we can't.

I don't believe in ghosts.

But I have seen them.






No comments:

Post a Comment