Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Staying Off the Grid

 I haven't blogged much this month.

Overall, things are going well. Both Alison and I have some minor health issues, but nothing devastating. We're enjoying life.

Benjamin is thriving in Warner Robins with his job and friends. We visit every few weeks.

My granddaughter is fantastic. She loves to call us by Facebook Messenger and share things she is excited about—Olympic Bed Bouncing, Fox Face Paint, and eating grapes off the vine. It's a joy to talk with her; we plan to see her in person next month!

I have a secondary income starting soon. Unfortunately, it's related more to accounting than creative work, but it's flexible hours and good people. 

While I did not agree with those who thought Biden was too old, I stand in great admiration for his personal sacrifice to support his country. It's one of the most selfless acts I've ever witnessed.

And what Kamala has done in the last month is miraculous. She has galvanized so much support and enthusiasm - it has even inspired this old cynic. And if her selection of her running mate is any indication of her decision-making ability - then we are in great shape. Governor Tim Walz is an amazing choice - a Midwest Dad that brings echoes to me of my own Dad. A down-to-earth Progressive who communicates well with ALL working-class Americans!

So, why haven't I blogged much?

Part of it is scheduling. I like to write in the mornings, but much of that time has been taken up by mowing, church work, and other errands. My writing rhythm is shot.

Part of it is laziness. I just haven't disciplined myself to do it.

Part of it is that I am mentally stuck on one topic and have been unable to articulate it. I need to address it, but it takes work in the county that I live in. I am trying to thread the needle between communicating my feelings and not crossing a line.

If you see me gone for a while, it's because I'm trying to tell it in a way that helps and doesn't hurt the ones who could be hurt by genuinely open communication.

Meanwhile...

please support your local public library.



No comments:

Post a Comment