This is Rose's third column, from March 4, 1982. It presents what sacrifices to make during Lent. At this time, Rose was a member of Blackshear Presbyterian. Later, with Grace Episcopal, Lent would become even more prominent.
It's always hard with Lent, trying to balance something that will be a sacrifice, but not in a criplling way. When I was working as a CPA, I wanted to give up tax returns for Lent, but that really didn't fit. So, it usually wound up being some sacrifice of social media and/or certain foods. I also interpreted it as doing something more, whether charity or Bible/devotioanl reading,
I'm continuing to work on the presentation of these columns. Right now, they're not really readable unless you enlarge them, which, based on last week's, many of you can do. But I know that is still leaving many of you out, so I will continue to work on it.
Today is Rose's birthday. She would have turned 77. We're doing our best to remember the good times.
We miss her dearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment