Friday, May 29, 2009

Oh Lonesome Tree!

For the first time in many, many years I bought a painting. And I believe it is the first time I have purchased one directly from the artist. I love it's quality and haunting simplicity. It looks like a place I've been to in my mind many times. The artist is Kayti Jeffords, a local artist here in Waycross, Georgia. She painted this at 15! She is now a year or two older and just getting better and better! They are displayed sometimes at the Okefenokee Heritage Arts Center in Waycross. I am going to research as to where else these may be found on the web and then update this post with the results.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Pix! I bought a couple of paintings myself years ago. I love the simplicity of some paintings and drawings. I've seen this tree B4. Its on the way to Alpena. You should see this tree in the fall!! Awesome. ;-D

    ReplyDelete