Friday, October 23, 2009

Meet the Straits

This is our family.

That's me, the guy with the scroungy gray hair. Hey, it may be gray, but at least I got hair.

That's Alison. We've been married almost thirteen years. She is beautiful, and smart, and we're very much in love. She makes jewelry and cards and scrapbooks. She even reads some comic books.

The boy is Benjamin. Or BenJerMan as I sometimes call him. He is whip smart, and can name some 400 Pokemon. He loves Science, and likes to do theater. His favorite sport is baseball.

I also have two older boys from a previous marriage. I'm very proud of both of them. Greg is in Los Angeles, working in film editing. Douglas lives in Atlanta, and is currently in Americorp.

And we all support Barack Obama and the public option. (Oh, come on - you knew I had to add something political!).

2 comments:

  1. Oh look honey, I think we know these people. Oh yea, seen them around. Off to a good start young man, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i'll give it a whirl. Updates: Doug has a part-time job with an environmental company, but is also a grad student at Georgia Tech and engaged to the beautiful Ramya. No wedding date set yet but I'll be sure to update Strait Line readers when I know!

    Benjamin is less enamored with baseball, and is now more into soccer. He still loves Pokemon, but also plays some Magic.

    Alison is more gorgeous than ever, and has really refined her jewelry making.

    I am the same, except even more gray.

    ReplyDelete