Friday, October 30, 2009

Play Boys


Recently, I had the honor of being in a play with my youngest son, Benjamin. It was a local production of Alice, adapted by the very talented Derrick Woods, who also played the Mad Hatter. I was the King of Hearts and Benjamin was a messenger (also a guinea pig juror and a croquet ball!).
In the picture on the bottom, I have asked for news from the town, he says he needs to whisper it to me, and gets me bent down where he can yell in my ear. This is a picture that Alison took while the play was being performed.
The picture on the top is of the two of us and Alice busily running in place. Alice was performed by Michelle Hester, a junior high age student who was an extraordinarily wonderful performer. I also recently saw her sing in a talent show, and she was excellent - Miley Cyrus should count her blessings that she has a famous father because she would have a tough time competing with Michelle.
The whole production was put on by The Flying Dragons Art Center, one of the best up and coming little theaters in the Southeast. If you are are anywhere near Waycross, Georgia, you need to check out their schedule and be sure to come. The acting and storytelling is superb, family involvement is great, the sets are incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment