Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Inexplicable Musings

Another season of So You Think You Can Dance is wrapping up, and for whatever reason, I have failed to keep up my blog. I really desire to write, but I have so little discipline. I have to make it more of The One Thing.

My thoughts remained scattered over many things. I noticed from the movie Julie & Julia that the blogs that catch have some gimmick that requires repeated viewing. But I don't really want to go through a recipe book. I thought maybe chronologically reading a Superman comic book each day for a year. Somehow I don't think any one would want to make a movie of that.

I remain involved in community theatre. I finished Alice Though the Looking Glass with my son Benjamin. I've started on Barefoot In The Park, playing a part I did in 10th grade. So I may have some pictures and topics on this.

It bothers some people but I'm very interested in politics. I'm fairly progressive in a very, very unprogressive area. I love to vent, but I also don't mind dialogue. I seriously think I'm on the verge of re-conceptualizing our tax system, but I would love feedback while I'm doing it. And, of course, my chief issue is single payer health care. I also am very worried that global warming is being taken less seriously at a time when we're rapidly passing the time we can do anything about it.


i love reading, and would like to comment more on what I'm reading. Right now, I am reading Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Vanity Fair by William Thackeray, The Future of Faith by Harvey Cox, and a Worlds of If Science Fiction magazine from 1952 featuring Let My People Go by Walter Miller, Jr. I also am a lifelong comic book fan and would love to discuss any of that.

I am a fan of storytelling, and yes, that includes television and movies. I loved Lost, Buffy, The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr and Twin Peaks. Movies are great, especially Mel Brooks movies and anything with imagination and fire. The most recent movie I loved was Inception.

I consider myself part of the Christian left, enjoy the Episcopalian church, and am open to discuss faith in an open and tolerant manner.

I have a great family and love to talk about that, and share pictures.

Finally, I hope to add more chapters to my New Coast story.

I hope I'm back. I hope I carve out time and take advantage of opportunities, and I hope I'm worthy of reading and considering.

Your friend in Blog-O-Land,

T.M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment