Thursday, March 31, 2011

Late at Night Without A Theme

Tax season is wisping away, the end of the tunnel, if not in sight, can at least be dreamed of. Of course, there's nothing really magic about it. It's not like the end of baseball season or a school year end, or even the satisfaction of just completing the writing of a novel or the finishing of a painting. Public accounting drags on and on, relentless and unforgiving. Not being a workaholic by nature, the idea of no letup doesn't shiver me timbers with delight. We will have financial statements and compilations that we will need to catch up on. There will be payrolls. There are always payrolls. 990s will be due in May. Other returns will have been extended and dealt with as the year progresses. And then there is the summer audit season. Am I glad there is enough to stay employed? True dat. Would I like some better breaks, like I was a teacher or a European? Oh, yes, I ache for them.

----- I am in another play. Little Women. I play Professor Bahr, a German professor who is inexplicably a love interest for one of the girls. It's a little uncomfortable, what with the age difference, but I am struggling to center my part and make it make as much sense as I can.

------ Politics is frustrating, as I watch so many states commit the equivalent of economic suicide. How is reducing wages and cutting demand going to get you out of a recession? It's like watching Bizarro World. I'm hoping people are finally waking up to what it means to vote for Republicans.

------- Fringe is the best show on television right at the moment. I was so happy to see it renewed for a fourth season. Alison and I are both very excited about the upcoming premiere of A Game of Thrones on HBO. We may be in danger of building our expectations too high.

------- Sorry that this is thematically weird. At this time of year, probably the best I can hope for is just random data dumps. Best wishes to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment