Friday, December 9, 2011

The Wicked Witch's Revenge Song

PROPOSED SONG FOR THE WICKED WITCH FOR OUR PERFORMANCES OF THE WIZARD OF OZ!

In a day not long ago
When I was just a babe
Mother had four daughters in a row
Dividing Oz into witchy fours
That was the beginning of our scene
But alas, it wasn’t easy being green
And Glinda? Oh, so pretty Glinda? The fairest of them all? Whom I taught everything? My witchcraft! My spells!


Then suddenly from out of the sky:
A buffoon in a ridiculous balloon
That couldn’t possibly fly
Came crashing into Oz
They removed my Southern Sister without pause
And put this maroon in charge
Calling him the "Wonderful Wizard of Oz"
For crashing a balloon? -- Are you kidding me? Have you seen me play Quidditch on my broomstick?



Revenge, revenge,
I'll have it on them all.
No single slight will I forget.
I'll show no mercy you can bet.
They'll all get theirs the day I get
Revenge.

That dopey Lion
Who has no courage, oh foo!
I used to scare that sissy
With just a tiny little “boo!"
And Scarecrow with his lack of brains
I could set him afire
That heartless Tin thing my Eastern sister froze
I’d rust him on a liquid pyre.



Ah, but the thing that really
Drove me to a fury:
That wicked girl they call Dorothy.
She killed my sister and stole her slippers
And I’m the bad one? SHE STOLE MY SLIPPERS!



Revenge, revenge,
Oh, it will taste so sweet.
A misanthrope, yes, I might be,
An outcast of society.
Think what you like, but just give me
Revenge, revenge!



It really goes way back,
My parents hated me true--
You see, my birth surprised them.
Mom and Dad were Navy Blue.



Glinda smelled of poppies
And a witless Wizard  whom Oz goes “all hail!”
I'll show you Lion, and Scarecrow and Tin Thing
And Dorothy Cursed Gale.

Revenge, revenge,
That's all I live for now.
I'll make them wince and cringe and cry.
I'll spit in their collective eye
I'll have one thing before I die --


And I'll have it by destroying that Kansan symbol of goodness - Dorothy Gale!

(Wickedly accelerating witchy laughter)

Reeeee - Venge!

2 comments:

  1. This song added so much to the show, What a fantastic addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just hope Sydney and Amara Grace enjoyed it.
    T.M. Strait

    ReplyDelete