Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Sun Shines Through

Primary tax season is finally over.  I should be elated, but it really doesn't mean a whole lot.  I might not have to work quite so many hours, but it will still be plenty.

I'm kind of a "Let's go out and win the game and then pound some Bud" type of guy.  No, I'm not a very big drinker, but I like to work hard, achieve something, and then take a break.  This is probably a hangover from school.  Study hard, take your finals, and then ease up briefly.  Most of the jobs I have had have not been that way, but it hasn't stopped my internal clock from feeling like it should be that way.

So I am getting up this morning and try to drag myself back to work even though my whole being is screaming BREAK TIME!  There is a good chance they will let us off Friday, which is four hours during the non-primary tax season time of year, as we work nine plus Monday through Thursday and a half day Friday.  Ergo, the glorious four hour Spring Break.

But the sun is shining.  Okay, not quite yet, but it will be soon enough.  Oh, and Alison just told me it will probably rain this afternoon.  But nevertheless, you get my point.  Birds are chirping (well, I guess they are - right now I just hear the blow dryer).  My family is fantastic, I have the basic necessities plus, great church and theatre groups, a President who is smart and pragmatic.  Not having a decent break time seems small potatoes compared to that.

Still, it would be nice to have a few days off.  Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment