Monday, April 23, 2012

What I Have Learned So Far

My attempts at maintaining a blog slog on.  What have I learned so far?

There is a definite hierarchy as to what is most viewed on this site.  Political articles are number one, by far the most viewed blog posts.  It might be something in their key words that search engines pick up and list higher somehow,  I'm not really sure.  And those without the title Saturday Political Soap Box rank higher.  I will start to list a catchy title first and use the Soap Box Moniker as a secondary title.

Second most viewed are some of the personal posts.  Dog Post!  ranks highest of my personal posts - hard to argue with the the theme of animals.  Again, the higher ranked ones probably have something in the title that search engines catch at a higher listing and intrigue people more.  This Blog Has Not Been Abandoned probably owes its high ranking to those factors.

The least viewed blog posts are the poems and stories.  It does not seem to matter what the title is.  That is quite depressing to me, but I am determined to see it through.  I have very few ideas here as to how to increase traffic to these posts.

I need to use pictures more often.  That is a more time consuming process, and I am not really gifted at the back and forth it takes.  But I am going to redouble my efforts in this regard.

And, of course, as many of you are familiar through Facebook and other sites, it is hard for the computer world to leave well enough alone.  They are constantly changing format, how you get into things, how things are presented and accessed.  Sometimes I wish it would be more routine, but I am doing my best to keep up.  Recently, I wasn't able to post entries and go to my dashboard in Internet Explorer.  I had to download Google Chrome to keep going,

If you have any comments or preferences as to the direction of this blog, please let me know.  I am interested in your opinion.

Thanks,

T.M. Strait

5 comments:

  1. I don't comment nearly as often as I read; I do really enjoy each of your posts! Keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will keep plowing ahead. And yes, I think there are many more that read without commenting than those who leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your writings also, Tom. Please don't ever give up. Know that you are being read and probably by more than you imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't you download a counter that keeps track of visits? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have one. It shows stats of page view visits. That's how I know how popular different posts are, and that the fiction and poetry lag behind. But that's okay, because I enjoy it, and the more I do it, the better I get at it. I do appreciate you reading it, and the encouragement you have given me.

    ReplyDelete