Monday, May 4, 2015

Universal Weekend and Other Monday Musings


Riding the tiger at Universal Studios in Orlando!  Benjamin went on his first band trip, and he had a blast!  They performed at Universal Studios, and then spent two fun days at their theme parks.  Alison went with him, and I stayed behind with theater responsibilities, and taking care of pets.



Benjamin is now ready to defend our castle!  A trip to Medieval Times was a highlight of his trip, and the one part that made Daddy jealous, as I have always wanted to go to one.  They had a great time, but Alison warned me, if we ever do go again, that I will have to BYOK (Bring Your Own Ketchup).



Benjamin is older now (14) and has managed the courage to go on more intense rides.  Ok...wait...that one isn't one of them....



.....this one is.  And yes, he did go on it.  And he survived.



Benjamin met with Dr. Emmett Brown near the Delorean.  Dr. Brown appears to be younger than I remember him, but that may be just be a younger version of himself that has gone Back to the Future to warn his older version that 2015 was not the way it was when Marty McFly first visited it.  Great Scott!  What happened to the flying cars?  Benjamin explained that the guy who was supposed to win the election in 2000 that would lead to flying cars powered by garbage, had the election stolen from him.  Dr. Brown said he was in the right state, but the wrong time, and left in the Delorean headed for a Senior Center in West Palm Beach, circa November 2000.



Me?  I stayed behind.  I did go to the great new market at the Heritage Center.  It will be every first Saturday of the year.  Had a great time, and socialized with about as many people as I ever had in my life before.  Special props to Cody Goode, Rob Stewart and Julianna Lacefield whom later went to lunch with Rob and Julie, and then went to Rob's house where all four of us played a legendary round of Old Maid.





Saturday was rounded out by watching my favorite young actress, Emily Beck, daughter of my good friend Kimberly, perform at the Flying Dragon as Annie.  It was a great show and Emily was very impressive,  and I appreciated seeing all the amazing things that Flying Dragon has done to renovate their theater.  You need to check them out in the near future!  (No Delorean needed).



No comments:

Post a Comment