Monday, February 22, 2016

Pictureless Monday Musings

Yes, I know.

More people view my posts on social media when I have a picture with them.

But that's hard to keep giving the time to do when Facebook leaves it blank or picks Hillary Clinton at random or just puts in some bizarre black and white arrow.

I would take it more personal, but I have seen it with other people's postings.  It may be some kind of war between Facebook and Google (my blog is from a Google Plus thing).  I'm mot technologically inclined, so what I can do about mega-Corp wars?  Oh, I know - elect Bernie Sanders.

Which is looking a little less likely this Monday.  Hillary won Nevada with a slight lead, and now the mass media is back on board the HILLARY IS INEVITABLE train.  She should tromp Sanders in South Carolina, which will clinch her victory in their minds.

But the nomination is long and complicated, often with unexpected bumps and twists, so I wouldn't get out the victory kazoos quite yet.

On the other hand, if you are a Republican, you must be a little fearful knowing your train is now officially the CRAZY TRAIN EXPRESS.  Trump is so repulsively and frighteningly bad, it distracts from how horrible the rest of the field is.  At least we won't have the feared Clinton/Bush triple replay.  Never has a candidate been so soundly rejected as Jeb Bush, losing miserably while spending in the neighborhood of $150 million dollars.

-------------------------

I saw an amazing play this weekend.  Purlie Victorious put on by Purlie Productions at the Okefenokee Heritage Center was off the chain good.  Joey Timmons hit all the right notes as Rev. Purlie, varying his voice, emotions and responses like a virtuosos,

They performed the same play last year, with a different actor in the lead.  It was good then, too, but I was distracted during the Sunday I saw it.  It was during that performance that my good friend and Curator of the Okefenokee Heritage Center, Steve Bean, lost his battle in a hospital in Jacksonville.  He was the one responsible for the revitalization of the Studio at the Heritage Center, and for encouraging both the performing and written arts at the Center.  It touched me deeply to hear the director of Purlie, Barbara Griffin,dedicate the play to Steve.

It was one year ago today that Steve passed.  His positive influence and love continues to embrace my family.  We remember him and love him.  He was a true inspiration to our creative and spiritual sides.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment