Friday, October 8, 2021

Dark Steps Across a Shadowed Land

 I went out today

Headed down the way

Dark steps across a shadowed land

Track marks left in crimson sand


Treasure me here

Forget me there

I can no longer meet you

I can no longer greet you


The town is a buzz

The people are scuzz

They spread their poison with glee

They know not what  I see


Maybe it was too soon

It's still the time of the loon

Everyone's in their maskless glory

Spreading their germ-filled story


They're not ready

Life's not steady

I don't want to live in fear

But I am surrounded by madness here


I finish my roam

I head back home

Across the burning sands I tread

Leaving where sanity has fled


What about next week

Is that too soon to seek

Will it have played out by then

Or will it still be too early for zen


Too soon

Too. Soon.

So I wait 

So, I. Wait.












No comments:

Post a Comment