Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Time Ticking Towards My Accounting Career's End


Two more days!

My accounting career ticks towards its conclusion.  The clock pictured above was seen on our weekend's visit to Athens and the Georgia Museum of Art.  More on that later!  I have several posts I'm planning once I have the time to properly compose them.

I'm mostly at the batting clean-up stage.  Organizing my office so it can be used by somebody else.  I have personal items that I need to take home, including gnomes and Spider-Man.  I've already discovered I have an It's A Boy! cigar from my co-worker Dean, and an It's A Girl! bubble gum cigar, which he passed out 16 and 14 years ago, respectively.

What can I say?  Over 22 years with the same employer, you tend to accumulate some things.

Do I have any regrets?  I hope the firm and the clients I worked with can make the adjustments, but honestly, I'm not in control of that anymore.  Alison has been rock solid in her support.  And I am looking forward to this stage in my life.

Do I hope to make some income with other opportunities?  That would be sweet, but it's not absolutely mandatory at this point.  I'm taking a couple of months to filter through things and see what it is I'd really like to do.

One thing I'm sure of?  Whatever it is, it won't be in accounting.  

I'm not sure everyone has fully grasped that yet.  I'm not just leaving Higginson & Paulk - I'm leaving accounting.

Not to be mean, but if you have any accounting or tax questions, please ask someone else.  I am done.  I am out.

It's time to start afresh!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment