Wednesday, November 2, 2022

November Seconds

 


Just a short one today, and thematically unsound to boot. Feel knee twinges, so I need to make my desktop time short.

It's November already. I didn't write Monday or Tuesday - involved in Church Treasury work that disrupted my schedule. I know I'm writing less, but maybe next week will be better. Yeah, right.

With Reverand Kit retired, there's more to do now. We have to cover more bases.

I'm preparing for two speeches. One as part of the Church Stewardship campaign this Sunday. And then Monday at the Regional Library Board. I will do my best to adopt an extemporaneous style and not write everything down. It's a risk, but it may help the speeches seem more natural.

We distributed candy on Halloween night. We had a good crowd, but it was down since the last time we did it. There were a wide variety of costumes, although Harley Quinn and Spider-Man had a slight edge. Harley Quinn's history is varied. Sometimes she's a villain, sometimes a hero. There is an all-age version, a teen version, and an adult version. I'll have to do a blog story about it sometime.

Time keeps on slipping into the future, although there is a slight blip as we repeat an hour to adjust back into standard time (bye, daylight savings time). Someday we'll end this mess, as whatever point for it has long since passed. But that would take an act of Congress. Good luck getting those people together.

Seeing examples of it in France and now Brazil, I like the runoff system of electing the President. It guarantees whoever wins will have the majority of votes (at least 50% plus). Yes, I know. Our constitution is not set up for it. But it should be. It helps diminish the possibility that extremists can capture the Presidency. 


I posted this meme yesterday on Facebook. To clear up any confusion, this is meant to warn you to vote against fascists and fascists-wanna-bes in November's election. And by that, Rev. Pavlivitz and ME are referring to NOT voting for Republicans who are MAGA, deny the 2020 election outcome, deny teaching the truth about history, deny the LGBTQ+ their rights, want to cripple democracy and move towards a Christo-fascist state. To think anything else is delusding yourself and misconstruing what facsism is.

Knee twinges.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait





No comments:

Post a Comment