Tuesday, December 6, 2022

The Georgia Ideal


I know. This is a stupid time to post this if I want to persuade anybody. Most of my Georgia readers have probably already early voted.   The rest of my Georgia friends are probably already firm in their decision.

Nevertheless, I would like to make clear my view.

Setting partisanship completely aside, Senator Raphael Warnock is the ideal representative of the best of Georgia.

The very best of the state can be seen in his story and conduct. In his faith, spirit, and inspirational hope, he is Georgia to the core.

He has worked across the aisle, assisting with bipartisan legislation that makes the country, especially Georgia, a better place. He advocates for the interests of Georgians, regardless of political affiliation.

I don't know if he'll always vote for the party and/or the White House. I don't care. But I know he'll always prioritize the needs of everyday working Georgians.

He may be one of the best speakers in the Senate, and not just for those in the Senate now, but in the history of the Senate. I swell with state pride every time I hear him speak.

I don't know if he'll win or lose today. This state is not as blue as I hoped. Not yet. But it has shown a tendency to reject extremists (except in some gerrymandered Congressional districts). So, there is some hope.

Herschel Walker may have represented the University of Georgia as an extraordinary and gifted athlete. But Raphael Warnock is best suited to represent the state as a whole.

I don't want this short post to be about the many inadequacies of Texas resident Herschel Walker. Even those who vote for him are well aware of those. If you're not, I hope you're enjoying the taste of sand.*

I look forward to the next six years of Senator Warnock representing the state of Georgia.

And if not? Well, Georgia, you've just made the worst trade of the 21st Century.


*do I need to spell this out? You taste sand because your head is buried in it. You know. Like an ostrich. Oy. These things are no longer fun when you have to explain them so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment