Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Dialing Up Tuesday Tidbits


 Here are a few tidbits this early March morning. I reserve the right to develop any or all of these into full blog posts at a later date—or not. We'll see.

-------------------------------

We were delighted to have my sister, Carol, and my brother-in-law, Mike, visit with us this weekend. It had been about a decade since the last time they were here. We've seen them in Michigan and Florida, but it's rare for them to visit here.

There was a lot of conversation and laughter. We consumed mass quantities, watched some movies, and visited Brunswick and Jekyll Island.

-------------------------------

My record of job success has been much less than that of most of my family. Others have achieved greater standing and better pay. Sometimes, this makes me feel inferior. But then I feel proud that so many I have helped raise and support have done well. I have some really good boys, and I am super proud of everything they have achieved.

I could have done more in my career, but it would have cost time to be with family, participate in theatre, and enjoy life. The bottom line is that with careful money management, we have done very well. It's true we don't have second homes and lavish vacations, but we have done most of what we wanted to do.  

-------------------------------

I dreaded my Thursday appointment with my physician's assistant. I'm at the age where you're not really sure what you're going to find out, But it went better than I expected, and I have no new crises to deal with. The best part? A medical intern looked at me first, and I commented on my blood pressure that it wasn't bad for someone 68. He left, and when he returned with the PA, the PA said, "Man, you look good. You don't look like you're anywhere near 68!" 

That was the first time I had ever heard anything like that. I about wept for joy.

I'm used to Alison being complicated because of how young she looks (and justifiably so), but me? Never.  

I will take it and put it in my Compliment Treasure Box.

--------------------------------

The "When will they ever wake up?" news about Trump continues to be mixed. Per the Supreme Court, states must keep an insurrectionist on the ballot. Also, the Supreme Court is slow-walking the absolute immunity case, which may delay the federal trials until next year.

What all this means is that we can't expect the courts and justice to bail us out.  We the people are going to have to end this madness by voting against Trump in the Novembe election  Only a thundering beat down at the polls will eliminate this threat.

Are we up to the task?

--------------------------------------

Benjamin is back from Sweden and may see us this weekend. He is happy but tired. If I get any pictures, I'll be sure to share them.

Sincerely,

T. M. Strait





No comments:

Post a Comment