Monday, March 18, 2024

Sleepy Time Monday Musings


 Pixie Dust has the right idea. Just crash after the sheer exhaustion of having gotten up and eaten breakfast.

How many of us haven't dreamed of doing that?

Habits are hard to break, though. Even now that I'm retired, my routine is too set to vary much. Once I'm up, I'm up until 11:30 to midnight.

Naps don't pay off for me. It will make it all that harder to sleep that night.

Saturday night was rough for me. I was awake quite a bit, stressed about a meeting I was going to have the next day. I don't have a lot of insomnia. But I have a night every once in a while that's a struggle.

It turns out that the meeting was nowhere near as bad as I feared. I lost sleep for no rational reason.

Some people seem to like to sleep a lot. There are tons of memes on social media about people who like to go to bed at 9 PM.  

I'm not built that way. I want to be awake and take in as much as possible.  

I am in bed by midnight at the latest and up by 6:15 to 6:30 most mornings. I usually get up once or twice a night for reasons that older men tend to get up. 90% of the time, I go back to sleep relatively quickly.

The bottom line is that I need about 5 1/2 to 6 hours of sleep a night. If I get more than that, it is harder to sleep the next night.

I like being awake. I can read more while I'm awake. I can enjoy life more.

I don't feel like I'm living with a sleep deficit.

Everyone is different. I hope you can appreciate that.








No comments:

Post a Comment