Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Abstract Birthday Greetings

Another opportunity to reach past the primal rage of indifference is lost due to commercial interruption.

Okay, I have no idea what that means, but I thought I would start with a compelling toss of word salad. A delicious scoop of nonsense, topped with irreverent bluster and a fevered arrogance brought about by the late hour and the aching jaw.

Tonight my middle son is 27, an extraordinary boy birthed in the heart of Rome, raised at the heel of Stone Mountain, than in the wilds of Fairfield Plantation, studied in Athens near the Bulldog Coliseum, and in the midtown of the restored heart of the Southland, Atlanta GA. I love him, his wonderful achievements, his beautiful and intelligent girlfriend, his giving nature, and let's face it, he's a liberal/progressive, true and strong. Douglas Redwine Strait, I salute thee!

4 comments:

  1. This is a super cool Birthday greeting. Your son has some of the same qualities as my son, Richard (I call him, Boomer), minus the "beautiful intelligent girlfriend". He might be keeping her (if there is a, her) under wraps, for a while, due to my "attachment issue" with my son, Alex's former wife. I think I told you that sad story. Anyway, It is cool to have a son, whom is much like you. One question: Do you feel old? =) I know, I'm terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old? No. Fat? Yes. Think about it..no grandchidren, neither Greg nor Doug married, ten year old son at home, attractive young wife whom we treat each other as equals, culturally electic not moored to any particular time, never look in the mirror, still have the same passions that I have had for decades, played the elderly in plays from 9th grade on so nothing new there, health pretty good. What's there to make me feel old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the best birthday greeting I have ever received in all of those 27 years. Ramya also really liked it a lot. Is your jaw ok?

    Love,
    Doug

    P.S. Neither Greg nor Doug are married "yet".

    ReplyDelete