Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stopping at the Tasty Breeze



Great Restaurants I Have Known

A & W Root Beer Drive-In

I have never tasted anything quite so good as a frosty mug of A & W Root Beer on a chill autumn evening in Michigan. And the fact that there was a whole family of hamburgers: Papa Burger, Mama Burger, Teen Burger and Baby Burger. what joy I had when I moved from Baby to Teen!

Bill Knapp's

On your birthday, you got the percentage off your meal that your age was. Dad would always like to bring Grandma on her birthday. And I would love to get Ham Croquettes, thinking it had something to do with the game. You could also get a chocolate cake on your birthday, on e of the driest cakes on God's green Earth, but my Mom loved it. just needed to be sure you had plenty of milk.

Olga's Kitchen

A place in Ann Ardor that taught me all about Gyro Wraps and Baklava.

The Lazy Donkey

A Latin restaurant in Carrollton where the food wasn't designed to be TexMex hot, just damn delicious.

Valentino's

Another Carrollton restaurant, this time with great Italian food, including cannolis. They understood the power of Mozzarella.

Wong's

Great food and great service. They will fix anything you want any way you want. Customer service is king. Love the Won ton Soup.

Barbara Jean's

Set on the pier at St. Simon's, my Mother and Alison were two of their first customers. Unequalled crab cakes. Always will be special to me because it meant so much to my mother.

Others include Amici's in St. Augustine, Pablo's in Fernandina, The Brickhouse in Thomasville, Pond View (under the Raulersons) in Waycross. Chains include Carrabba's, Fazzoli's, Smokey Bones Grand Traverse Pie Company.

I love food.

2 comments:

  1. Wong's is fantastic! This picture of Benjamin is cute to the nth degree, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. I tried to post a comment and it kept asking me to sign in. Well, after five trys it get a bit old. I got to see about changing my settings to make it easy as pie to post. how am I going to become the next big thing if people can't post?

    ReplyDelete