Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Not So Workless Wednesday Wanderings




Took down my show posters from my office wall Thursday.  They were up as a reminder to me that I was more than an accountant, that I had other pursuits, interests and facets.  Maybe I took it down too soon, as I will still be using the office as part of a my semi-retirement.

----------------------------------------------

So for, my semi-retirement has not felt too much different.  I came in some on Monday, I worked a good chunk yesterday, and  will be going in today and tomorrow.  The total hours are less, but the routine is about the same.  In future weeks, I should have Mondays off, and that should help.

---------------------------------------------

I still need to get together with the Social Security Administration, and find out what my limits are on my writing and other creative-driven income.  I understand how the earned income limits work, particularly when you work for other people, but I'm less sure for income that may wind up on a Schedule C for self-employment income.  Anyone have any information, please let me know. There are some books that I have ready to self-publish, but I don't want to effect my income limits. Normally, the book income only exceeds the expenses by the smallest of margins.

--------------------------------------------------

I have been able to walk in the mornings.  It's wonderful as the gnats and sun are not out yet.  I finally tricked you, Gnats!  please don't tell them - I don't want them to figure it out.

---------------------------------------------------------

I am slowly trying to clean up the study (the room where I write).  This is a monumental task, as it has over four years of clutter, four years of "I'll get to that when I retire."

-----------------------------------------------

I had to just now look up whether quotation marks go inside or outside the ending period or punctuation.  Apparently in America, it's inside the quote.  In Britain, it could be either way.  So, in Britain, it's "Bangers and Mash".  Or  "Bangers and Mash."  Maybe I should move to Britain - that way I can continue to be grammatically Hamletesque.

--------------------------------------------

Did you think you were getting out of here without me bringing up politics?  Au contraire!


It's a shame that Trump isn't more like what a number of deluded voters thought he might be - a true independent able to work across party lines to negotiate effective legislation and deals that benefit the American people.  

But that's not what you got, is it?  Instead you have a narcissistic bully with an incoherent speaking style, and a revenge oriented mindset, without morals or respect for our democracy and institutions. I think they were aiming for a Macron, and would up instead with Caligula.

All I ask is that if you voted for him thinking that he would be a positive, independent force, admit that you were wrong, and he hasn't been what you thought he might be.  Please.  Just come clean.

That's all I ask.

Well, for right now. 










No comments:

Post a Comment