Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Dreary Tuesday Tidbits

Well, a quick variety pack to start off this post-Championship Tuesday.

------------------

The team that should not have been in the playoffs won the college football championship.  That does not mean that I think it justifies their inclusion.  Might does not make right.  The playoffs should have been against conference champions. 

In that regard, Alabama should send a thank you note to the Wisconsin Badgers.  Had the Badgers defeated OSU, Alabama would be looking at this from the outside.  In other conferences, one loss could take you out - not so in the SEC.

The game was well in hand until Alabama suddenly remembered that they had the highest rated quarterback prospect in the history of mankind sitting on their bench.  It's like halfway through the Super Bowl, Atlanta suddenly realized they had Joe Montana in his prime just sitting on the bench.

M. Brown of Alabama may be the meanest player I have ever seen.  And I don't mean in a good way.

--------------------------------

The musical, The Addams Family, is going to be a struggle for me, at least in the dancing portion. But I don't want anyone to give up on me.  I am going to do everything I can to do things right.  It won't come easily to me, but I am determined to pull my weight (which, trust me, is quite a bit of weight to pull).

-----------------------------------

I am trying to help an event take place with an organization that I belong to, but I have never been more discouraged in my life.  Everything I try to resolve creates more problems.  It's like the many-headed Hydra - cut off one head, and ten more heads take its place.  It's exhausting and humiliating, and I feel like no matter what I do, I'm going to lose.

---------------------------

I have to go to work today.  This year starts an "on-call" schedule, and I've gotten the call.  This may not work too well.  One of the reasons I'm in the South is because back in Michigan, the only job I had was as a substitute teacher.  And I could not get used to waking up and not knowing whether I would be called in or not.  I'm not good at last-minute schedule changes.  Since I left my home state in part to avoid an "on-call" job, I'm not sure how well this current plan is going to work out.

-----------------------------------

I've felt that even though our current politics are dark and disastrous, that in time a Progressive Majority will emerge and move us towards a golden age, with universal health-care and other vital progressive measures. My hope for this is wavering.  The Trumpeteers are not waking up, regardless of how foul and destructive Trump and his allies are.  I fear we will lose our freedom of expression and our vote restricted and hampered before we can achieve anything.   

---------------------------------

The snow has melted off.  The higher temps are returning.  And so will the gnats.

---------------------------------


I'm doe tidbitting for now. 












No comments:

Post a Comment