Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Recovering Tuesday Tidbits

Our Congress at work!  Of course, Chuck "Charlie" Schumer!  You can trust Mitch "Lucy" McConnell with the Dreamer football!  Of course you can!


Are we recovering at the Strait household?  Well, Benjamin is back at school.  I am trying to be better.  Alison is home form work, trying to get some more sleep.  My yemp is down and my cough is up.  My voice is stripped, but somehow I have to have enough of a voice to learn lines for the paly practice.  Benjamin can go, and I will too if my temp stays down.  How he gets there if I'm sick, I don't know.

-----------------------------

Who to blame the mini-shutdown on?  How about a President who invited Senators Lindsay Graham and Dick Durbin to discuss their BIPARTISAN compromise, and instead shanghaied the meeting with a rooful of immigration hardliners, and started mothing off about s...hole countries?  They say that Trimp's instincts to compromise on the issue are being checked by anti-immigration staff, like John Kelly and Stephen Miller.  Really?  What does that say about how weak and led by the nose Trump is?

-----------------------------------

I'm not a jaguar fan, but I was dissapointed that they did not beat the New England Patriots.  Sorry, Jaguars.  Welcome to the Falcon's world!

-----------------------------

We have completed the transition away from Direct TV to Play Station Vue.  No, the service is not as good as Direct TV, but it is pretty neat, and I am paying less than half what I was.  In this post-semi-retirement era, cutting costs is pretty important, even for a TVholic.


------------------------------

Well.  So much for recovery.  Had to take a break from writing this in order to pick up Benjamin from school.  He lasted about ten minutes before going to the nurse because he wasn't feeling well, so now he is back home, and our recovery is no where near as far along as I thought it was.

I'm tired.  I'll check back later.










No comments:

Post a Comment