Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Days with the Dogs Wednesday Wanderings


 

Here's Boss-A-Man waiting in line to apply for promotion from my Semi-Retirement Dog to my Full Retirement Dog position.

Application accepted!

Position granted!

What have I been doing these last three weeks of retirement?  Besides bonding with the pets? 

Well....

whatever the hell I want!

Ok, it's not that dramatic.  Crazy Party Guy I am not.

I've been writing a bit more.  Although it's not the front seat driver.  At least not yet.

I've been reading a bit more.  I finished a thousand-plus page biography of Grant, written by Ron Cherno, who wrote the book Hamilton is based on.  Grant is a much more interesting and significant figure than I realized. For his time, he was very advanced on his ideas of civil rights and a much better General than my southern friends give him credit for.  His worst problem is that he had lousy condar (ability to detect grifters and fraudulent businessmen).  But what can I say?  Apparently, so do some 74 million Americans, as proved by the 2020 election.

And, yeah, I've been watching a bit more television than I was.  I see an episode of CW super-hero show each day. Currently, I am catching up on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, a really fun and imaginative time travel series.  When I do household chores, I have Buzzer on in the background, a ROKU channel with old game shows.  I am particularly fond of Password, where I can see classic celebrities in their prime, like Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched) and Jim Backus (Thurston Howell on Gilligan's Island).  With Alison, we watch a variety of programs, including streaming series.  We are currently watching You and are at a point in the series where it may have jumped the shark, where the characters are about to make a decision that doesn't fit in with any of their past behavior (Season 2, Episode 7).  Then later at night, I see the German series Dark, a very atmospheric time travel show*  - I can't begin to tell you how good this show is!

I've been exercising a bit more and recording what I eat (most days).  I haven't seen too many positive effects yet, but I'm not giving up.

I've been spending more time at my church Treasurer position and helping with the Sacks for Saturday program.  I have yet to help with the public library, but I have high hopes I can fight my shyness and get started.

The biggest special project I've been working is preparing my comic books for sale - preferably to someone who will buy them all.  It takes about four hours to write up and prepare a box - organizing and pricing, preparing spreadsheets to account for them.  I've done six boxes, and I probably have at least three dozen more to go.  So far, the accumulated value is exceeding my expectations.  

That's a broad outline of what I have been doing.

Chillin' with the dogs and enjoying life!

Wanderingly Yours, 

T. M. Strait


*if you get the impression I like time travel series, give yourself 20 Strait Line points!







No comments:

Post a Comment