Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday Musing Greetings!


 Greetings, y'all!

Hope everyone is well this fine Monday morning.

Alison and I had a good weekend. Any weekend where Atlanta United wins and I don't have to mow the yard is a good weekend. Church had its monthly luncheon, the only time I normally eat fried chicken. The buffet style encourages overindulgence (it doesn't take much encouragement in my case), as I want to sample everything and then go back and get seconds on my favorites. And then there is the dessert table - oy vey!

Tomorrow we pick up Benjamin from the airport. He will be coming back from his month in Sweden. He'll only be home a few days, and then we have to take him to Milledgeville to start his last year at Georgia College. The smell of independence is becoming strong in that one - yes, it is!

There have been hopeful indicators in the battle between democracy and fascism. Red state Kansas voted to preserve women's rights to reproductive health. The price of gas continues to decline. Senate Democrats passed a highly compromised climate and health care bill (the Inflation Reduction Act) - it's not much, but it is something. I pray that it's not the end game but something we can build on for the future. Job growth is fantastic, and unemployment is very low. And it looks like the Trump prosecution is a tiny bit more of a real possibility. OMG, so many of us are looking forward to that perp walk!

Not all things were positive. I lost a very special classmate, Dona Bow Kilbourn. I dedicated my first book to her, and reconnecting with her may have been the best thing to come out of my rocky relationship on Facebook. I will miss her.

We lost an important member of our Grace Episcopal family with the passing of Judge Clarence Blount yesterday. I did not know him well, but he was a community pillar and a faithful parishioner. I always looked forward to his lector readings - no one in our church brought the bible to life as much as he did.

Musingly yours,

T. M. Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment