Monday, September 26, 2022

Podlicious Monday Musings


 

That is the top of a pod cup. I use it to make an individual cup of coffee in the afternoons.

I don't know about you, but I find the picture a little scary and disturbing. At first, I thought it was a clown, but on closer inspection, I think it's a picture of a woman holding a coffee cup up in front of her. It's either a smile or getting ready to gulp or something. I feel like coffee's a little too hot to gulp like that, but what do I know? 

Our area is a little unsettled today. Hurricane Ian's current projected path would take it over us on Friday and Saturday. These paths weeble and wobble as they get closer, so it's a guess at this point.

But some scheduled events are not taking a chance. They are already canceling and moving to other dates. Is this panic or prudence? I don't know. Better safe than sorry.

So far, Harvey is holding steady to open this weekend. That means Hell Week is still a go. Dress rehearsals tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then performances Thursday-Friday-Saturday night, topped with a matinee Sunday afternoon. I'm gonna be one tired old man! I'm unsure how I would do it all if I was still working. I used to do it all the time, but now I look back with amazement that I could pull it off.

I'll guess I'll know how serious it is if they start to cancel high school football games. Those events are pretty sacred.

MEANWHILE...

The Michigan Wolverines had their first close game, beating Maryland 34-27. So either Michigan is not as good as I hoped, or Maryland is a lot better than people think. Either way, this season does not look like the runaway I was hoping for.

I thought the Detroit Lions might be turning around, but they lost another heartbreaker, with Minnesota coming from behind to beat them. They're good enough to compete but not good enough (or lucky enough) to win.

My expectations for the Detroit Tigers have constantly adjusted through the season. Going from ...this year they'll make the playoffs...to...this year they'll finish over .500...to...this year they won't finish last...to..this year they won't lose 100 games! Still crossing my fingers on that last one!

ALSO...

How can I like politics so much but hate ads so much? I mean all of them, even many from my side. Anyone who votes based on ads needs to retake Civics.  

I don't enjoy politics as much as I used to. People voting for Trump makes no sense to me. It never has. I can't wrap my head around it. He's a grifter/con man, a narcissist who's not very bright, and a racist. Republican vs. Democrats, conservative vs. liberal - these are battles I understand. But authoritarian vs. democracy? It's too scary to be fun anymore.

Anyhoo, my desk setup is still not ergonomically sound, and I don't want to wreck my knees and feet for the upcoming play. I'm old in Harvey, but I'm not decrepit,

Until next time,

T. M. Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment