Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday Twitter Questions 091322

 Hello!

Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Twitter Questions!

OR

I want to write, but I have no really strong topic.


For this, I go to my illustrious Twitter feed and try to answer the first five questions I run across.*

Question #1

Balancing a day job and writing and social media and health and fitness and a social life is rough… Anyone actually manage it all? 😬


No. No, I don't. I've found in retirement that I am not getting the consistency of days I hoped for. I cannot block out the same time to do what I want to do, mainly writing each day.

I regularly walk in the mornings, but the rest of the day's exercise varies quite a bit. And that doesn't even count the days I have limited mobility due to foot and/or knee and/or back problems.

But I'm working on it. Every week is a new week to try to straighten things out.

Question #2

How can Republicans claim to be the party of "small government" when they want the government to make medical decisions for women and control the history taught in public schools? That's the opposite of "small government." What am I missing?

The parties and what they represent are constantly changing. Most of what is now the Republican (MAGA) party doesn't care about small government. They care primarily about the continued dominance of white "Christian" men. They want to control women. They want to control the educational narrative.

Small government can refer to not providing help at the federal level for those in need. It can mean lower taxes and regulations for achievers. This is not insignificant, but it is no longer a significant concern for MAGA Republicans.

Question #3

Do you have a favorite story about witches?

Yeah. But they're mine! My favorite is the non-fiction autobiographical short, War of the Witches and the Martians. I also like the fiction short Rescuing Princess Charlotte. My grand unpublished opus, The Extra Credit Club, has witches. And ... SPOILER ALERT... so does History of the Trap.

Question #4

Do you have multiple writing projects going at once?

Sort of. I need to market The Extra Credit Club. I need to continue writing the second volume of The History of the Trap. I periodically write The Kingdom Come stories and a few stories set in Crowley.

Mostly, I just need to get back to writing more regularly.

That would be the first step.

Question #5

How many people have ACTUALLY stopped watching CNN, not using their website, not sharing their content?

Stopped watching CNN? Yes. Which may not be entirely fair, as there are still a few good people there (Jim Acosta, for one).

Not using their website? Ooops. Guilty as charged. Has somebody got good FREE (no paywall) news sources that would have quality phone apps?

Not sharing their content? No, never have been too much for that.


And that includes this edition of Tuesday Twitter Questions!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait


*overtly sexual questions, really stupid questions, and repetitive questions may be skipped.





3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Tuesday Twitter Questions. I can't balance my day. Retired and yet super busy and getting pulled in too many directions. Hopefully one day I will find the perfect balance. I would love to be able to read more. My poor Paperwhite is collecting dust. And I do not watch any news on TV! I read it on my desktop. Local and national. Still never FOX! I really enjoy your Posts/Blogs. Sadly, I am not on FB as much. Keep writing and enjoying your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You may already be doing this, but remember you can access my blog by bookmarking it and checking it periodically. Enjoy your retirement too. It's especially great now that I have a grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to bookmark your blog. Grandchildren are the best! Enjoy your little one too!

      Delete