Monday, October 24, 2022

Sunshiney Monday Musings


 This is a picture of my church.  Grace Episcopal in downtown Waycross.  We are undergoing a transition as our Reverand of 11 years has retired.

I'm happy to report that our attendance has remained high, and many are pitching in to help the church continue to function and thrive.  It may be a while before we have a new priest, but our faith and people keep us strong.


Speaking of witch, we are having one of our major events of the year, Holy Ghost Weenie Roast.  It's a church celebration, including a service and plenty of fun!  All are invited!




Two of my friends, Julianna Leverett (painting) and Cathy Dee Janes (photography), had entries in the Annual Okefenokee Heritage Center Arts Contest.  I went to the Heritage Center Thursday and saw the fantastic local art.  The winners were announced Sunday (I think), but I don't know who they were.

I've been looking for a focus for this coming second year of my retirement (in addition to writing), and I have set the far-fetched goal of learning enough about drawing to enter next year's contest.  I would not anticipate winning, but I would like to become good enough to enter.  Wish me luck!

Although plans to see my Grandaughter this Thanksgiving have fallen through, we are now planning a major trip this Spring.  When one door falls shut, another one springs open!

Musingly Yours,

T. M. Strait




No comments:

Post a Comment