Monday, February 6, 2023

Peek-A-Boo Blogger

 


It's my new favorite thing.  Reading via Facebook Messenger to my granddaughter in New York.  I get two copies of a book I want to read to her and send one of the copies off to the Catskills.

Sometimes she pays close attention.  Sometimes she does not.  But it doesn't matter.  I get to see her, and she gets to see me.

I am counting the days until we get back to New York.  She is becoming more mobile every day.  She is slowly building a vocabulary.

Would I like her to be closer?  Yes, of course, I would.  Do I appreciate where she is at, with loving parents living in a beautiful setting?  Absolutely!

-----------------------

I have recorded Inherit the Wind, the classic about the Scopes Monkey trial, where a teacher is put on trial for teaching evolution.

The movie is one of my favorites, and it is particularly haunting me now, with unpleasant parallels occurring where I live.  Florida is even worse.  

I find these never-ending culture wars deeply depressing.  This can't possibly be how Jesus wanted us to spend our time - on the persecution and vilification of marginalized communities.

Many of my fellow citizens must feel they are without sin - as they hurling stones with reckless abandon.

--------------------

My knee and leg and foot pain have diminished.  Part of that is time, but it also may be medication, and when I am done with the current course of drugs, then I may know whether I am truly better.

The people at church were kind enough to help me get a new chair for the church office.  It is ergonomically designed, and is perfect for sitting in.  I am so appreciative.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment