Monday, September 11, 2023

Blog Only Special

 No pictures.  No promotion.  I will just post this to my blog. It may help give me a gauge of what my true numbers are.

HEATH; Last check my blood pressure and blood glucose were not too bad, at least for a lazy fat man. My periodic knee and foot pain have been under control for most of the year.  It unfortunately been replaced with what I think is sciatica pain, a big pain in the ass that sometimes is also in my upper and power right leg. We're working on things to help, but it's been months now.  It hurts but most people are less aware of it because it doesn't affect my walking as much as the knee/foot pain did.  I also have more of what I will euphemistically call "stomach issues", sometimes aggravated by lactose, or maybe also medication I'm taking.  Hard to say, but I'm also working on that.

WRITING: It's not good.  Still hard to get in the rhythm.  I'm not giving up.  

BENJERMAN:  He continues to recover from his broken femur, now using a cane and driving on his own.  We think it might only be a couple of weeks and he'll be ready to resume his job in Warner Robins.  He has secured a first-floor apartment, and it will be ready for him to occupy.

GRANDCHILD: I am thrilled that we were able to visit for a week, and am looking forward to returning when we can.

WORK: Yeah. I don't work.  But I am interested in opportunities that will help build up our travel fund so we can visit family more.  So, maybe I'll figure out something soon.

CHURCH: I love our church.  I'm less thrilled being their Treasurer, but it's all part of my service/tithe I guess.  It's great watching our church defy the trend of shrinking churches.  No, we'll never be a mega-church, but we are serving a great need - we are inclusive, including being welcoming to Progressive Christians such as myself.

THEATRE:  Haven't done a play since Harvey (October 22), but I'm getting the bug again, and I'm thinking of trying out for CLue this Spring.

TV: Most recently watched Dead Ringers series on Prime with Alison- left me confused and kind of grossed out by the surgeries it graphically showed. I'm watching Twisted Metal on Peacock which I guess is based on a video game?  It's not too bad, with science fiction/apocalypse elements that I like. I also am keeping up with weekly episodes of Invasion on Apple+ - it's a little like the HG Wells novel, and sort of not.  I like it - there is a realistic approach to the story that I appreciate.

COMICS: Not much to say here.  I continue to read Superman and Family as much as I can.

I could write about politics, but that would make this way too long.  I still extend my standing offer - if you once liked Trump and have now turned on him - I would love to hear from you.  Please help brighten up this sometimes very dark world.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait




No comments:

Post a Comment