Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tax Season BaDonky Donk

Lord, my mind is fried, and there's still 24 days to go.  Some wankers decided instead of ending the season on Sunday April 15th, it will go through Wednesday April 17th.  And so on and on it goes.

Important notes to consider.  First, it is true that this is our primary tax season, but there are other tax deadlines throughout the year.  I would say a full third of our clients extend their tax deadlines past the first due date.  Some seem to think that 90% of work is done during January through April.  I've often been asked what in the world we do the rest of the year.  Well, like I stated, tax returns actually stagger throughout the year.  And, as a full service CPA firm, we also have payrolls and payroll taxes, compilations, reviews, audits, and many other special assignments throughout the year.  So let me set your mind at ease.  We have plenty to do year round, and you don't need to worry about me.

Second, you can stop wondering why I'm not up to work 24/7 during this time period.  I'm not a chief, I'm an Indian.  I'm paid hourly, with overtime after 40 hours.  So there is only so many hours that they want to pay me.  Yes, I do work over, but there is a limit, both in what they want and in what I am physically/mentally able to handle.  So don't worry about me that way either.

The work does leave me mentally exhausted, and it becomes harder to focus on writing.  It also becomes less desirable for me to want to spend yet more computer time when that it is what I am doing all day at work.  But this season will end, and a better balance will be restored.  And there is some hope that over time, I can focus more on some things outside of accounting.

So thanks for hanging in there with me during this busy season.  I promise, the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment