Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Stupid Math Tricks: Tuesday Tidbits

As I write this, there are roughly 40 hours left in in 2,508 hour tax season, meaning  1.675% of tax season remains, which is roughly equivalent to one sixtieth of tax season remaining.  It some ways, it feels a lot longer than that.  In other ways, not.  I can definitely see light.  My job in preparing tax returns is near the beginning of the tail wag, so my work is tapering off.  Emergencies and redos are possible, but it is very difficult for me to do my part with it, and have time left for the other prep stages it must go through, which includes signing off by the client, and acceptance of e-filing.  So, long story short, I am not as deluged as you think right now.  Rain is still definitely possible, but I'm also seeing hints of the rainbow.

----------------------


Since most days I only have a half hour or so to write, I think the weight of my achievements are small.  But looking back I see I have a novel in progress, Crowley Stories, that is well over 60,000 words, and a completed novel, History of the Trap, that is well over 80,000.  But even these are dwarfed by my blog, The Strait Line.  I have over 1,100 separate blog stories posted.  At an average of 500 words apiece (some are less but many are more, that would represent  550,000 words.  Yes, over a half million words.  Ulysses and James Joyce, you got nothing on me.  Well, except talent, creativity and lasting literary value.  But hey!  - no plan is perfect!


-----------------------------

The Detroit Tigers stated the season with bats a-blazin', winning their first six games in a row!  Woohoo!  They're 6 and 1, having lost their first game yesterday!  The enthusiasm for this is only slightly dampened by the fact that this only puts them in second place in their division, behind the 7 and O Kansas City Royals, baseball's only undefeated team.

---------------------------------

I have 59 lines in the play that I am in, Dearly Beloved.  I am 59 years old.  In trying to memorize my lines for the play, especially during tax season, I feel every bit that age.  But the play is going to be fun, folks - I can already tell you that.  If you're in the area, you'll want to see it.,,,first two weekends in May at the Ritz.

------------------------------

We have four announced candidates for Presidents.  Hilary Clinton and three delirious occupants of the Republican clown car.  It's going to be a long political season.  No, Hilary is not my favorite Democrat, not by a long shot.  She has a Corporatist smell, her foreign policy bent is a tad too militaristic, and we get to experience the whole Clintonista spectacle again.  I would definitely vote for a more progressive candidate in the primaries.  But make no mistake about it, my conservative friends.  She is so far ahead of the clown car, it's not even a contest in the general election.  She is a pragmatic leader whom I believe genuinely cares about the American people.  I will gladly register my vote for her over the climate denying, deficit increasing, income gap accelerating, social issue dividers, clown car occupying, TeaParty Amerika RepubliCorp opponent that will be running against her.

--------------------------

Crap.  Runned out of time.  Now only 1,555% of tax season left!  Let me use my 550,121st through 550,122nd words to say -

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment