Wednesday, September 23, 2015

2015 Friday Fall TV

It may seem grim that Grimm is the best show on Friday night, but that's the way it is.












ABC starts with Season 5 of Last Man Standing (9/25), a continuation of Tim Allen's Home Improvement series.  What?  It's not?  Uhh, OK.  Well then, if you like this show, please continue to enjoy it.  It is followed by a brand new show at 8:30, Dr. Ken (10/2), featuring the Ken Jeong from the Hangover movies, a physician who is used to being blunt.

CBS has returning vets Hawaii Five-O (9/25, 9 PM, Season 6 - still not on as long as this show's original run) and Blue Bloods (9/25, 10 PM, Season 6).  Honestly, at this point I'm running out of stuff to say.  I will say that what little I've seen of Hawaii Five-O, the film colorist is doing an extraordinary job.

CW has Season 3 of Reign, focused on the young career of Mary, Queen of Scots.  If it stays pace with history, things should change up soon.  But I'm not sure the hallmark of this show is historical accuracy.    It's CW young adults behaving as if it was the 21st century, but living in the 16th.

NBC, like ABC, starts Friday off with two comedies, both of which I know very little about.  Season 3 of Undateable (10/9) is at 8 PM, and is centered on a group of guys who are, well, undateable (at this point I'm feeling very tautological. like a student who starts out his term paper - "the Battle of Bull Run is a battle that took place at Bull Run") and new comedy Truth Be Told (10/16)  at 8:30, which is about, uhhh, telling the truth?  (Maybe, I'm not sure).  Grimm has Season 5 at 9 PM, that most Germanic of supernatural shows, and promises to spend more of  the season on the road.  That's good, because I was beginning to thing that everyone in Portland was Wesen.

BBC America will show Season 9 of Doctor Who on Saturdays at 9 PM.  

So, what does Tom Strait watch?  Reign and Grimm, and I'm the only one in the family who does.  I'm not sure anyone else knows there are TV shows on Fridays.  The family streams Doctor Who, and we are currently watching Season 7.


Will I see anything new?  Well, does streaming count?

And, now, for something completely different......





My favorite genre, Alternate History, will have one of its very best books translated into a series on Amazon Prime starting 11/20, The Man in the High Castle (from author Phillip K Dick).  What if the Nazis won World War II?  See that frightening scenario played out on this show.  Early critical feedback rank this as perhaps the best new show of the Fall season.  

And it is on the very top of my "must see" list.

This completes my Fall Preview for 2015.  Thank you, faithful Rippers, and others who have requested this.  I know some of you have a great disdain for television, and I appreciate your patience.  I will be resuming regular The Strait Line blogging right after these messages....

IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR WAYCROSS, PLEASE COME SEE THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK THIS FRIDAY OR SATURDAY AT 8 PM, OR SUNDAY AFTERNOON AT 3.  IT IS A GREAT PLAY WITH A GREAT MESSAGE AND A GREAT CAST AND CREW.  YOU WILL COME?  GREAT!

STAY TUNED TO THIS BLOGGING CHANNEL FOR NEWS OF ANY PUBLISHING EVENTS I SECURE.  I HAVE TWO COMPLETED NOVELS AND SOMEHOW, SOME WAY, I'M GOING TO FINALLY FOCUS ON GETTING THEM PUBLISHED.

TREAT YOUR ANIMALS WELL, AND REMEMBER THAT ANIMAL CRUELTY DEBASES US ALL.





No comments:

Post a Comment