Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Can't Get Used to Sitting Anywhere Else Tuesday Tidbits



My character in the play, And Then There Were None, has a definite seat preference.  It's about where he sits at the club he lives at, and he feels most comfortable in that place at the island lodge he's visiting.

We all have our own positions and postures where we feel most secure and comfortable.  We all have times when we just want to get into our own personal box and just stay there.

Y'know, there's probably a larger point that I'm trying to make here, but I'll have to develop that later. The early morning fog has not yet lifted from my brain.  I just feel fortunate I can find the keys to type this out.

------------------------------------------

My dog Ellie has made a spectacular recovery and is herself again.  We still need to be careful about her movements, and in particular not let her jump onto or off of things.  We also have a back brace she can wear, so she can look like a stock clerk at Home Depot.

-----------------------------------------

The Michigan Wolverines had an important win against Wisconsin.  They showed they could compete against a first-class offense.  However, a national title will continue to elude the Wolverines unless they find a quality FIELD GOAL KICKER.  When they play Ohio State, they can't miss any opportunity to score.

----------------------------

I really, really expected the Detroit Lions to be better this year.  If the Cubs win the World Series, that will make the Lions about the longest suffering team in professional sports.  Will I stop being a Lions fan?  Hell, no!  My team come hell or high water!  Although, I must say, the view from the fiery pits is getting a bit old.

--------------------------

I watched the new show Timeless last night, and I was very pleased.  Time travel shows are always problematic, as they turn into long lectures about how you can't change things (for example, Stephen King's 11/22/63).  It's early, but this show does not appear to have that problem.  I am ready to strap in and see where it goes.

--------------------------


I hope all my writer friends, young and old alike, are gearing up for the Okefenokee Heritage Center's writing contest.  We want your entry!  Remember, there are cash prizes!

---------------------------

The election.  What can I say?  Trump has the worst week in Presidential campaign history, and in the Huffpost Poll of Polls, it boosts Hillary from 4 points up...to 5.  Oy, I am so scared!  I just shake my head in worry and fear.  Hillary may not be the prize in the Cracker Jack box, but she is so far ahead of Trump, there is no logical comparison.

Elizabeth Warren should have run.

Maybe next time.  Unless Trump becomes the last President we ever have.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment