Monday, October 10, 2016

Indigenous Monday Musings

The cast of And Then There Were None. In the back are Rem Farr as Justice Wargrave, Jody Rollins as William Blore, Michael Lee as Narrocott, Nicolas Horne as Phillip Lombard, Gideon Goree as Anthony Marston, Isaiah Ricks as Mr. Rogers.  Seated are Karla Smith as Emily Brent, Sarah Elizabeth Watson as Vera Claythorne, and Brittany Peacock as Dr. Edna Armstrong.  Missing are Melissa Kresel as Mrs. Rogers, and some other guy whose name escapes me.


And Then There Were No More Performances.

The play has ended.  For once, I am fighting the usual feelings of letdown by taking the Monday after the play off.  Well, at least off work.  I still have a lot of writing to do today.

--------------------------------------------------

Taking Indigenous People's day off is quite rare.  Our festival of deadlines continues at work, this time the individual income tax deadline (for those who have extended out this far).  I wanted to be off with family today, and I did it.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll be bold enough to take Martin Luther King's Day off in January, something I have not done in over two decades.

---------------------------------------------------

I think I did a good job in the play.  It was a small part, but I did the best I could.  It's hard to adjust to the new era of everybody being miked, and have people speaking their lines very softly.  I'm trying, but I'm used to emoting very loudly.  Frankly, as hard as I try not to, I'm still feeling the effects of not getting casted in The Beverly Hillbillies.  This part helped, but it did not restore the confidence I used to have.  Although I do see some actors my age still performing, they are a distinct minority, and some of the older parts are even going to younger actors.  It's in my blood, though.  It's too much of who I am.  I don't want to embarrass myself, but I don't know that I can give it up.

---------------------------------------

Surprisingly, it was a four star football weekend, with Michigan, Georgia, Atlanta and Detroit all winning,  I was pretty sure the Wolverines would be Rutgers, but I though they would win as dominantly as Ohio State did against Rutgers, winning 58 to 0.  Who wins games by those kind of margins.  Well, I guess Michigan does too, beating Rutgers an astounding 78 to 0!  Maybe, just maybe, this will be the year!

---------------------------------

We survived Hurricane Matthew.  It turned a bit more out to sea, until a weakened storm finally was pulled in by the Carolina magnet.  We had a good number of downed limbs, and we lost power for over 15 hours, but we all survived well.  Benjamin learned to play rummy, and I learned that my night vision isn't what it was.

-----------------------------------

It's hard to take someone seriously who still supports Donald Trump.  His most recent round of revelations, about his sexually assaultive language towards women, was beyond the pale.  This man shouldn't be hired to tend fries at McDonald's much less be President of the United States.

His debate performance was pathetic, lurching and sniffling around the stage, pouring out lies and National Enquirer level attacks against his opponent.  He threatened t o jail her if he won,  Our descent to third world  banana republic will be complete if he wins.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait
















No comments:

Post a Comment