Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Watchful Wednesday Wanderings



This time of year, the dogs have to do more waiting for us.  Work hours are longer, and often special events, meetings and practices keep us away even more.  Poor doggies.

-------------------------------------------

I probably shouldn't say this.  It's a blog, not a therapy couch.  But yesterday was not a good work day.  It was what I call a Puppy Pad Day.  You know, when you miss the pad and people are scolding you for being a bad dog.  They even push your nose down in your mess.  I'm trying to struggle through this tax season, but those days are the worst.  I'm hoping to step back soon, but these kind of days makes me wish it would be right now.

-----------------------------

Notice the Falcons bucket in the picture above?  HOW 'BOUT THEM FALCONS!  Going to the NFC Championship Sunday and getting it to play at home!  Both Atlanta and Green Bay seem to be peaking right now, so it should be an exciting game.  Maybe to exciting for super fan Alison - I'm sure she would prefer the Falcons get an insurmountable lead early.

--------------------------------

I've been challenged to "support" our new President-Elect.  What does that even mean?  I've observed his behavior throughout - there is nothing respectful or Presidential about it.  I've read his nasty, incoherent tweets, where he has attacked virtually everybody except his beloved Putin.  I've seen the swampy horrors of his cabinet choices, designed to put in place privateering corruption over public service.  Every initiative he has suggested is abhorrent to me.  Even his infrastructure plan appears to be nothing but a first draw bonanza for his contractor buddies.

Do I recognize that he is going to be President of the United States? Yes, a thin electoral college majority has determined this will happen.  Do I think the Russian hacking undermines him?  Yes, but it's more than that - by his words and actions he has clearly sold his soul to him.  Why and how I don't know, but the policy effects are clear - our interests have been melded with Putin's.

------------------------------

I watch and wait.  I wait for tax season to come to a close, and I can take another look at career choices.  I fearfully wait for the beginning of a presidency that has permanently damaged the American brand, that has mortally wounded our democracy.  Do I support him?  I support the ideals and dreams of a better America, one based on principles completely foreign to the narcissistic dictator that will dominate us until enough of us wake up and say enough is enough.

Do I support him?  No.  I choose America instead.  I pray we are strong enough to survive him.






No comments:

Post a Comment