Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Saddle Up Tuesday Tidbits



Sometimes all you can do is saddle back up and try, through a brain freeze or blues, through the silent fog  of recessed coherence or a cacophonous noise that shatters focus on any one thought.

So here I try again, hoping that I can write something, because a day without writing is like a runner who doesn't get out for his morning jog.  It gives you a gitchy, incomplete feeling for the rest of the day.

--------------------------------

I am approaching that special age when one first qualifies for Social Security, at least those who want to draw at the earliest eligible age.  How long that will last, before the Republicans bump it up, is any one's guess.  Or if even they keep the Social Security system at all.

I have set to begin drawing on August 1.  I will still be working part time in accounting, and between all sources of income and retirement, I will be contributing as much or more than I am now.

The eventual goal is to earn money, within the allowed limits, at things I love to do.  That would involve more writing, and other things involving the story-telling arts.  That might include, in addition to writing, work as a docent or teaching classes, extra work in movies and television, audio recordings, just to name a few.

--------------------------------------

I was moving forward on my health plans, but my diet received a serious setback this last weekend. We had not one but two church buffet style meals, and I'm afraid my middle name became Overindulgence.  I gained back 3.8 pounds, the first dramatic weekend gain-back since I started trying again.  It wiped away about three weeks worth of progress.  Oh, well.  I just gotta get back in the saddle again.

------------------------------

No, I have not seen Wonder Woman yet.  That's to come this weekend for my birthday.  We hope to see it at the fanciest screen we can find, and  hopefully, that will scoop in a trip to my favorite bookstore, Chamblin Book Mine.  It has a wonderful labyrinth quality to it that is really special.  And a trip to a favorite restaurant,  possibly The Cheesecake Factory.

Yeah, I can see that weekends are going to be a problem on this diet thing.

Sigh.

Thanks for tidbitting  with me for a little while.  Maybe I'll have a clearer, more focused topic on Wednesday.

Or maybe I'll just wander.












No comments:

Post a Comment