Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thursday's Answers to Wednesday Questions

Some one asked if these were rhetorical questions.

I don't know.  Some might be.  But they were rhetorical in the senses that I  really wasn't expecting anyone to answer them.  I mean, I would have loved it if somebody did, but I wasn't counting on it.

I, however, will step up to the plate and answer my own questions.

Circular firing squad - fire away!


Do you spend more on cell phones than you did on land lines? Uh, yeah-ah!  You bet your numchucks we do!  Hated them until they became like mini-computers, and it became easy to text someone rather than for me to make the DREADED phone call, which I have always had a hard time doing.  

How many tattoos do you have?  None.  Zip. Nada. Do you think there are many people in the United States, outside of religious affiliations that frown on them, that do NOT have tattoos? It sure don't seem like it to me.  Trends change over the years, though.  It's inevitable that we return sometime to an era when they're rarer.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe we'll become Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man.

Why do actors and actresses, who rely on being to adapt different personalities and roles, who need really to be a blank slate, why do they get tattoos that will need to be covered up? Don't know.  Don't seem very practical to me.  This is a rhetorical question to me, but maybe others have a greater rationale.

What is your favorite restaurant? Chain - Carrabas. Fast Food - Chick-fil-A .  Local - Wong's and Reaal BBQ.  Do you like what my Mom called "sit-down restaurants", or do you prefer quicker places, and take out/delivery? Sit-downs okay once in a while, but there ain't nothing like bringing it back home and netflixing/DVRing. According to what I've been reading, that puts me halfway to being a millennial.

What do you think of movie theaters that serve full meals and/or alcohol as part of the experience? I don't know if I want to be with a large number of people who are chomping, with food odors wafting over everything.  Not to mention possible inebriates while living in an open-carry State.  Have you been to one? No. 

Do you like pina coladas? It's been a very long time since I had one.  I thought it was okay, but, obviously, if it's been years, they must not impress me that much.   How about walking in the rain? I don't mind it.  I had to walk yesterday in the rain to get from the depot to the main building at the Okefenokee Heritage Center, and I got soaked to the bone.  The experience wasn't entirely unpleasant, and I did eventually dry out.

Do you get cable or satellite, or have you switched to streaming only? We really should switch to streaming only.  We just haven't thought it through completely.  I love entertainment choices, and don't mind paying some, but I may have to rethink things as my retirement percentage accelerates.

Do you binge-watch, or still see a show a week? Sometimes we mini-binge.  For us, that might be three or four episodes in a week.  I think the most we did at once was three episodes in a row of Stranger Things.  Yeah, go ahead.  Try to watch that one slow.

Does it feel like sometimes that there are more people who want to write a book than who want to read a book? In my world, definitely.  With self-publishing becoming easier and easier, it seems like everyone has one now.  My impressions are also affected by my participation in the OHC Writer's Guild.

In your life, how many comic books have you read? A conservative estimate would be around 25,000.

What is the last fiction book  you read? Aether Legion by local author Winfield H Strock III, a science fiction novel set in the Victorian era.  Currently I'm reading The Way of the Kings by Brendan Sanderson, the first part of a fantasy epic.  Volume one runs close to 1,000 pages.

Do you read for pleasure? Houses are basically a way to keep your books from getting wet.  If not, how did you get this far in this blog story? I wrote it, so I bought it.

What if the election was hacked, and the Russians had tampered with our voting results?  This question is getting less outlandish by the day. What would happen then?  This is something the Constitution doesn't cover. Would there be a special election? There should be, but there won't. Depending on the size of the scandal, either Pence or Ryan will become President.  There's been no real plan for this, has there?  None whatsoever.  Who could conceive of such a nightmare scenario?  Welcome to Alternate Reality #666wtf.

If you voted for the orange con man, have you yet realized what a huge mistake you've made? From what I've seen, the ones I know just refuse to talk about politics. Do you realize that if you man up and own your mistake, that I will forgive you for it, even welcome you home like the Prodigal Son? I will, unless he leads us into war, or accelerates violence towards minorities, Then pleasantries are done.

Do you understand that climate change/global warming is not a hoax? Yes. Aren't you ashamed of our withdrawal from the Paris Accords? Yes.  OK, this is going to make forgiveness harder.

Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dog.  

Are your musical tastes mired in a particular era, or are you more eclectic? I traverse randomly across the musical universe.

This really is a wander across the questioning universe, isn't it? I need to get more sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment