Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tryouts Tuesday Tidbits



I have not had the good fortune yet to see this play, but I plan to this weekend.  I've heard many good things about it, and I know it stars the incredibly gifted young talent, Marin Jeffords.  Please come out and kickstart your Christmas season with this great show!

------------------------------------

For awhile in this area, I was Mr. Christmas, playing, in relatively quick succession, Scrooge in A Christmas Carol, Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street, and George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life.  I love Christmas plays for the messages they bring, and because they usually have all age casts, and whole families participate in them. 

Coming off of two recent productions, The Odd Couple and The Model Apartment, I decided to take a short break.  So I reluctantly skipped this year's Christmas production.

--------------------------------

But that break is over now.  Benjamin wants to be in the WACT musical, so we both tryed out last night.  The musical is The Addams Family, which seems to be the "musical du jour" this season (a local high school is also doing the musical). We both felt good about our tryout, but we'll see.  I love acting with Benjamin, and I hope he gets a chance to sing onstage.

---------------------------------------

One of the area's finest young actresses also tryed out, Emily Beck,  She is a dead ringer for Wednesday Addams, an exceptional actress and a great singer.  She can also dance!

--------------------------------------

The devolution of our politics continues at a frightening rate.  The recent results in Virginia and other places gave me hope that we had reversed the tide.  But the Alabama Senate election has me gloomy again.  Really, white evangelicals?  You're thinking of voting for am alleged pedophile (and I must add, multiple accusations that are well sourced) over a prosecutor who helped convict KKK members that killed four young girls?  How is this not a no-brainer?  What is there to think about? 

------------------------------------------

Speaking of Alabama, no, they should not be in the college playoffs.  That should be reserved for conference champions.  If college championships don't mean anything, why bother playing them?  I have a system for this, which I hope to flesh out in an upcoming blog story.  Stay tuned, because once the idea is out there, I'm sure it will sweep the nation.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of football, I didn't see it, but I understand there was a horrifying injury in last night's pro game.  I keep thinking it may be time to give up on football as a spectator sport, and Alison and I have been watching less, but no, I haven't given it up all together. 

--------------------------------------------

Sometimes Grammarly kicks in on my computer,  Sometimes it does not.  Today, for this blog, it is taking a leave of absence.  If they really want to buy their premium service, they're going to have to convince it can consistently appear wherever I write, including Microsoft Word, my primary writing program.


Ta-Ta for now,

T. M. Strait














1 comment:

  1. I'm disappointed that INK for All has not released Word integration like Grammarly has but INK's Wordpress plugin is super helpful. No more copy and pasting. And Ink for All boosts Content Performance Optimization so I use it more.

    ReplyDelete