Friday, May 18, 2018

An Experiment In Social Media Withdrawal

For the next couple of weeks, The Strait Line will go dark.

There may be a few new posts, but maybe not.

By the start of June, I will resume normal activity, including posting to social media. 

It's no grave crisis.  I just may not be in a position to do much computer work for the next couple of weeks.

But it does raise the possibility of determining the traffic to this site, without the impetus of social media.

My goal was to create a site that people would bookmark and check out on their own, like they may do with other blogs and sites.  I'm not really sure that's been happening.  I have a few followers, but not many.

So, it will be interesting to see how much my traffic falls off.  What is left will be the natural base.  I fear that that might be much lower than I hoped.

For those who do visit, and see little new in the next couple weeks, be sure to browse, the dated posts on the side, or the tags at the end of the blog posts. 

Please consider, there are over 1,500 posts!  You probably have missed some.  There are some you probably haven't read.  Heck, when I look at some of them, I wonder if even I have really read them!

Don't worry.  My writing efforts are alive and well.  I hope, over the summer, to have published one book and have completed another.  I hope to have several new eshorts available on Amazon, and I will continue to try to get some of my short fiction published.  You can't win if you don't play.

Hang in there with me!  I'll be back soon!

T. M. Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment