Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Here Comes the Rain Again

Insta-ponds are Insta-fun!


Here comes the rain again
Falling in my yard like an insta-pond
Falling on my head 'till it's super-soakder
I want to talk to my doggie posse
I want to let them know it's okay
I want to dive into a book now
Is it raining where you're at?

Ol' Cocoa Bear, our dachshund-spaniel mix, is getting more and more anxious in rain storms. She pants and whimpers, especially if we're in another room that she can't get to.  When we're not here at all, she's been known to chew up doorknobs.  We've tried thunder vests, relaxing sprays, even Benadryl.  Nothing works. 

It's hard to get any of them to go outside during the rain.  They rush to the door to go out, hear the rain, and scoot back inside.  Sometimes it makes for some unfortunate accidents.  We might have to get a retractable dome for our backyard.

After an extended dry spell, we now have rain in the forecast every day for the foreseeable future.  I don't know when I'm going to be able to mow the yard.  I don't really care, but I don't want to embarrass the neighborhood too bad.  We need to live here, at least while Alison is working with the school system, and I'm already living on the edge of acceptance, what with my signs for Democratic candidates.

Which I haven't put up yet.  I have a Lisa Ring sign in my car.  It'll need to stop raining before I stake it in my yard.  I have a Bernie bumper sticker on my car.  That's pretty unusual in this area.  And when I put up my Lisa Ring sign, it will be the only Democratic candidate sign in my neighborhood, surrounded by a sea of Republicans.

My 'accounting reign is finally slowing down.  Work should be fairly limited until the summer audit picks up.  At least that's the theory. 

My next writing focus is to edit once again Crowley Stories, this time using Grammarly. Then I'm going to polish a synopsis and cover letter and send it out to a publisher who might consider it.  It's a hybrid publisher, which means there's self-publishing elements to it, which I could really use even it costs some money.  I think Crowley Stories is a sensational book, a powerful collection of Southern Swamp Town stories, but I will admit.  I have no real confirmation of this.  I'm operating on faith alone.  Ultimately, you write something YOU want to read and just hope it is something that others may want to come along for the ride.

Anyhoo, I probably should get on to other things.  I love the blog.  I will keep the blog.  But the blog in and of itself is not a direct source of creative income.  It gets steady traffic, about 2 to 3 thousand views a month.  But that has been true for several years now.  I had hoped there would be an incremental rise over time, but that has not happened.

Wait. Was I saying goodbye for this blog entry?

I think I was trying to.

OK, then.

Until next blog post!










1 comment:

  1. I just don’t get why it doesn’t help me optimize for Google like INK for All

    ReplyDelete