Monday, September 17, 2018

Return of the Monday Musing!

Early stage construction on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest which begins this Thursday at 7:30 in THe Studio at the Okefenokee Heritage Center.


Well, I have a little time this morning, so I thought I would return to a Monday Musing.  It's my mix of topics, some of which you may find interesting, and others will make you want to skip whole paragraphs.  Oh, well.

---------------------------------------

I am in Hell Week.  That's not quite as deadly as it sounds, but it is hectic.  It's the time of community theatrical production when you have a long series of rehearsals and performances.  It can help improve the play tremendously  (crap! - that's a Trumpian word now, isn't it?), but can also wear some of the performers out before the opening curtain even rises.  We've rehearsed Saturday and Sunday already, and are set for rehearsals Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday nights, and performances Thursday-Friday-Saturday nights, wrapping up with a Sunday matinee.

I'm a little beat already this morning, but I'm not ill.  Thankfully, my accounting work schedule is light this week, so that may help.  It seems incredible to me now, but I used to do this while also working a full-time plus work schedule.  What was I thinking?

------------------------------------

Moving slowly along in my writing goals - some progress on The Extra Credit Club has been made.  Super polishing A Christmas With Pegasus, readying it for publication as an eshort.  Hopefully, I'll have some exciting cover news pretty soon!

Don't forget - Crowley Stories: Swamp's Edge is available now.  You'll want to read this series of stories set in a Southern swamp town!

------------------------

Excited to report that Atlanta United will be in the playoffs, and are back in first place!  How much into soccer are we now?  We watched the game via Twitter on the desktop, passing up the Michigan  Wolverine football game that was being played at the same time!

---------------------------------

The Great Limbo Contest that is the Trump administration continues.  How much crap, lies, corruption and foulness will the Trumpeteers take before they turn on him?  The current attempted rape allegations against Brent Kavanaugh are credible enough that they should be thoroughly investigated,  and that's not just a committee but also by the FBI.  This story has history, and the accuser has passed a polygraph test.  If you're in favor of just brushing this aside, you need to take a hard look at your politics and your basic human decency.  The ends do not always justify the means.

-------------------------------

I hope to put together a Fall TV preview soon.  It will not be as comprehensive as prior years, but hopefully, I can hit the highlights.

---------------------------

The college cavalcade has begun!  Benjamin has been accepted to Georgia Southern!  We are still putting together applications to Georgia College and the University of Georgia.  I'll keep you posted!

----------------------------

Until the musings hit me on another Monday,

T. M. Strait










No comments:

Post a Comment