Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A Little Time for Tuesday Tidbits

Got a few minutes in my revised schedule to write a brief blog posting.  So, I'm not going to let the lack of a topic stop me!

---------------------------------

Working M- W -F now.  That may change as tax season intensifies, but until then, I get my own mini-shutdowns Tu - Th - weekends! Woohoo!

-----------------------------

Fiction writing on Tuesday and Thursday are going good!  Making great progress on The Extra Credit Club.  I think I'm hitting the 60% completion mark.  There will need to be a lot of editing - always a flaw when you write over so long a period.  I noticed I gave the same character two different names.  I'm not a 19th-century Russian novelist, so I'll have to go back and clean that up.

The Extra Credit Club will be marketed to see if I can get a publisher or agent.  Which means y'all may never see it.  If that doesn't work, I will self-publish through Amazon.  I'm not spending big bucks again to get a novel published.

Crowley Stories has been a huge disappointment.  I have not been able to control the Amazon pricing or promotion.  The local response has been horrible.  I don't mean people dislike the book.  I mean they don't buy it or read it.

----------------------------------

Speaking of shutdowns, the Government shutdown staggers on with no end in sight.  Neither side can lose.  Both know whoever wins this will be able to control the agenda for the next two years.

Although the current shutdown is 176% Trump's responsibility (with a little help and assist from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell), I find this whole procedure a rotten way to run a government.  I can't stand that both sides use these budget bills as excuses to threaten a shutdown to try to leverage concessions.

-------------------------

Football blows this year.  Alabama vs,  Clemson?  AGAIN?  The NFL playoffs have been a whole festival of teams I don't care about.  Everybody complains about how long it's been since their team was in the Super Bowl.  Well...TAKE A NUMBER!  I'M A LIONS FAN!

-------------------

That's it for now.

The Extra Credit Club awaits!



No comments:

Post a Comment