Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Welcome to the New Era!

Yep.  This is me.  Trying to write blog posts in the afternoon/evenings rather than morning.

So, after careful consideration, I've decided to write on the topic of...

Yeah, I'm drawing a blank.

This is going to take some getting used to.

But don't panic.  I will get my groove back. 

Somehow.

------------------------------

I'm having one of my longest breaks since I started my work career at 23.  Well, at least where I wasn't unemployed and desperately looking for the next thing.  I've only worked in the office like less than five hours in over two weeks.  I don't intend to go back until about January 8th.  It's almost like I'm a teacher or student or something.

It's been a little weird.  Boredom has not been a problem.  I have enough interests and projects where I'm not really the type of person that gets bored.  The oddness comes in not having to go into work. It gives me gitches of guilt knowing others have to go in.

-----------------------------

Tomorrow I'll see if I can get up and write on a fiction project.  Me and the boy are scheduled for haircuts at 10, and then I may take him around to put in applications at some places.  Then I'll come back home and read or write.

----------------------------

It has been unseasonably warm for the last few days, even by Georgia standards.  I don't like to think about what I'm wearing, but now I have to consult the weather before I dress for the day.  For someone like me.

Contrast this year with last year, when at this time we were facing the imminent arrival of our first snowstorm since 1989.  What a difference a year makes!

-------------------------------------

I promise.  I'll do better with blog topics in the future.  Well, I hope I will.

Only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment