Monday, March 25, 2019

Mystery Weekend Monday Musings

Cst and Dog...sleeping together.  Why did I start out my blog story with this picture? Well...it's a mystery.



It was just that kind of a weekend.

We started the weekend with the mystery of who would qualify for the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Men's Basketball contest.  In our office pool at work, I got skunked, but I don't care, because Michigan and MSU are in the Sweet Sixteen!  Woohoo!

I am a Wolverines fan because that is my alma mater.  I'm a fan of the Spartans because my Dad was...it was the team he followed most closely on television, and the last places my parents lived were only a few miles from the MSU campus.  I saw several of the MSU basketball team at a Quiznos several years back.  Well, mostly I saw their chests because to see their faces I would have to tilt my head back and stare into the clouds.

Then on Saturday, I watched a mystery play called Once Upon A Crime, a trial centered on the home invasion perpetrated by Goldilocks.  This was put on by my friend, Kimberly Beck, at the school she works at.  There was no mystery as to what great fun it was, and the great, young talent of our area continues to amaze me.


We watched the movie Captain Marvel, continuing the mystery as to how the Marvel Universe might repair itself after the destruction wrought by Thanos in the last Avengers movie.  Captain Marvel was a good movie, and I saw Annette Bening in a superhero movie, something I thought I would never see - somehow I thought she was above all that.  Who's next?  Meryl Streep?  Julia Roberts?  Bill Maher is losing his snobby squad of resistance.  Oh, wait.  Bill Maher was in Iron Man 3.  Never mind.

We wrapped up the mystery of the first season of The Umbrella Academy.  I won't spoil it for you, other than it is first-rate television, and I really love the talented Ellen Page.  Even though I have read tens of thousands of comic book, I think the only thing I had read of The Umbrella Academy was a free introductory sample.  I wasn't impressed at the time, but the TV show is making me wonder if my judgment was too hasty.

And, of course, the biggest mystery of the weekend was...what the hell is in the Mueller Report?  At this point, we just don't know.  All we have is the Whitewash Summary prepared by the Attorney General who was put in place by Trump specifically to neutralize, obfuscate, and whitewash the Mueller Report.  I refuse to evaluate it until the full report is released.  And if the full report is never released?  Well, that tells us something, don't it?

Until next time,

T. M. Strait









No comments:

Post a Comment