Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Thematically Smashed Tuesday Tidbits

They stood patiently waiting for a writing idea to come through the door.




Nope.

Not gonna happen today.

Brutal mind wipe is all that's happening this tax season Tuesday morning.

Got a Writer's Guild meeting tonight.  Supposed to write something using these three words - nest, egg, this.  Sound simple enough?

It is.  It's super simple. Except for the fog I'm in, and the weeping eye - which could be pink eye, or a sty, or just the way it is right now.  I don't know, and I'm too fogged to worry about it.

I thought of a story where a young couple has a meeting with a financial adviser, and the financial adviser keeps trying to suggest ways for the young couple to save and build a nest egg, for retirement, children's colleges, and emergencies.  The young couple is amazed at all the money the financial adviser thinks they have to invest, and they argue back and forth until the man of the young couple throws something on the financial adviser's desk and shouts, "Nest egg THIS, motherducky!"  

But that's as far as I've got.

I stayed up late to see the end of the NCAA Men's Colleg Basketball Championship.  I lost big time in our office pool, and it was my job to get something for the winner.  Congratulations to this year's winner, Chris Arney!

I'd say something political, but I'm lost there too.  We are teetering on the edge of something terrible, an administration unconstrained by law, reason or decency.  Sorry.  tHat's all I got right now.


And that's all I got for this blog right now.

BYe.







2 comments:

  1. Like your idea about the nest egg story. The politicial part...I understand. How do you describe what's going on without feeling sick? Take care of your health first. You have a wonderful family with a son who is on to new adventures. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Spring to you too! I'll be fine. Can't wait for tax season to be over, though.

    ReplyDelete