Wednesday, October 16, 2019

MIni Beach Getaway

Benjamin uses his beach time to hold up the pier.

Oh, so brief!

But oh, so needed.  Our little Fernandina Beach getaway.

Especially for me, leaving almost twelve hours later than everyone else, so I could finish up my run on Murder on the Orient Express.

I got there on Sunday morning, about 1 AM, and was going home by Monday morning at 11AM.

Jut long enough to realize I was somewhere else.

This is a trip that Alison's Mom requested, and we also brought family friend, Anita.

No, we did not kayak, or surf, or fish, or parasail, or even toss a dang frisbee.  We ate, we read, we played board games, we talked, we enjoyed the view.  Alison and I went out to the antique stores.  We watched a Family Feud marathon.




Benjamin did get down to the water.  He's looking good, ladies.  I think he's doing the Freshman 15 in reverse.  Everything t the school cafeteria is labeled for calories, and he's paying close attention.  He's also been doing a lot of walking around campus. Maybe I should go back to college.



How 'bout them ocean sunsets?


Not a long trip.

But, nevertheless, a vital getaway.

Now back to our daily lives.  And, yes, our dogs are glad to have us back!











No comments:

Post a Comment