Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Post Play Tuesday Tidbits



Ah, yes!

That delightful period after the play when you realize that all the fun is over and that you are really just a semi-retired CPA and not a professional actor.


The glass up above was real sweet, probably the best play souvenir I've ever gotten.  Well, at least since I took home the water tower from the Superman musical I did in high school.

I want to thank Kayla Dixon and Mamie Jackson for giving me the opportunity to do the entertaining part of Constantine Bouc.  It was a fun part, and they let me fly my hambone high.  You are extraordinary Directors, and you helped compile an amazing stage crew as well.

My ending was abrupt...I went to Fernandina for a brief vacation with the family, leaving Saturday night right after the play - Alison and Benjamin were already down there, with Alison's mother and family friend Anita.  I did not participate in cleanup on Sunday afternoon and the cast party.

We are already back from our little beach trip, and my usual post-play depression has not been too high as I have not been back to work yet.  I night go today. Or maybe tomorrow.  Yeah, tomorrow sounds better.

I don't think it spoils much to tell you what my favorite lines of the play are.  They are said by the detective Hercule Poirot:

No, it is not!  It is not that time!  I have never in my life turned my back on the law!  Do you understand that, Colonel?  The law must be obeyed or we become barbarians!  It is 1934, Europe is changing and there will be chaos! There will be nothing left of us and we will have to start again!  I cannot support this!  I cannot agree to this!

Yeah, Monsieur Poirot.  I kinda know how you feel.


























No comments:

Post a Comment